Sokół, Tuchów

Budynek Towarzystwa Gimnastycznego „Sokół” z zewnątrz.

The building of the ‘Sokół’ Gymnastic Society established in 1898 was built in 1910–1911 according to the design by Adolf Juliusz Stapf to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald. The building is eclectic with a prevalence of neo-Gothic elements, made of rough red brick with stone insertions. The main façade with its stone ornaments adds character to the whole building. To the right of the main entrance is a plaque commemorating the inhabitants of Tuchów killed in the fight against the Bolsheviks in 1920. The plaque was made and installed by sculptor Światosław Karwat in 1990 as a part of the celebration of the 650th anniversary of Tuchów.

Download free VisitMałopolska app
Apple iOS
Windows Phone

Related Assets