Facebook link

The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Paraskevi in Uście Gorlickie - Obiekt - VisitMalopolska

Back

Cerkiew św. Paraskewi Uście Gorlickie

The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Paraskevi in Uście Gorlickie

Wnętrze cerkwi.
Uście Gorlickie Tourist region: Beskid Niski
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Paraskevi in Uście Gorlickie dates from 1786. In the second half of the C20th it has been used as a Roman Catholic Church, but since 1951 and the return of some of the Lemkos, Greek Catholic services have also been held in it.
The Greek Catholic Parish Church of St. Paraskevi in Uście Gorlickie dates from 1786. In the second half of the C20th it has been used as a Roman Catholic Church, but since 1951 and the return of some of the Lemkos, Greek Catholic services have also been held in it. It is a West Lemko church built using log construction with shingled walls. The figurative-ornamental polychrome work was applied in 1938. The fittings include an C18th late-baroque iconostasis which is interesting due to the rare sculptures on the antependia (below the Mother of God icon there is a representation of Adam and Eve, and below the Christ Teaching icon  the prophets).