Shrine, Dołęga Manor House

The small shrine opposite the manor house was funded by the couple Maria and Aleksander Gunther, a year after their wedding and the completion of the manor house in 1849. It is a wooden building, built on a square floor plan and covered with a shingled, gabled roof. On the inside walls of the shrine is a 1910 decal depicting the Jagiellonian eagle, made to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the victorious Battle of Grunwald. Inside the shrine is a plaster statue of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. In line with family tradition, during the January Uprising, volunteers heading off to support the insurgency took their military oaths before the manorial shrine. Every year, the traditional May service is still held by the shrine and attended by Dołęga’s residents. In observance of the tradition, the most recent owner of the manor, Jadwiga Wolska Tumidajska, has conducted the May service for the residents in the post-war era.

Download free VisitMałopolska app
Apple iOS
Windows Phone

Related Assets