Facebook link

The Church of the Nativity of the BVM in Krużlowa Wyżna - Obiekt - VisitMalopolska

Back

Kościół Narodzenia Najświętszej Marii Panny Krużlowa Wyżna

The Church of the Nativity of the BVM in Krużlowa Wyżna

Drewniany kościół z zewnątrz.
Krużlowa Wyżna 10, 33-325 Krużlowa Wyżna Tourist region: Pogórza
tel. +48 184451927
The Church was built in 1520 under the patronage of Jan Pieniążek; in the C18th it was transformed into the baroque style.
It is log-construction, with vertically boarded and moulded walls. Two late-gothic portals are capped with ogee arches, while the stone porch of the sacristy has a cusped trefoil arch. The nave ceiling contains gothic-renaissance polychrome decoration from around 1520, while in the coffers of the chancel ceiling there are sculpted rosettes. Precious church relics include the crucifix from around 1520 on the rood beam and the late-baroque altars.