A tiny Lemko village on the edge of the Magura National Park in Beskid Niski is one of the oldest Polish health resorts! The mineral waters “Kamil”, “Marta” and “Zuzanna” have a beneficial effect on rheumatological ailments, skin diseases and the respiratory system, digestive system and feminine diseases. As early as in the 17th century, the local sulphide waters were known and used, and at the beginning of the 18th century, the first health resort was established here. Apparently, soldiers of the Emperor Napoleon's Great Army came here to heal themselves after their defeat in Moscow in 1812. The miniature health resort with outdoor swimming pools is situated in a valley at the foot of the western end of Magura Wątkowska. This forested mountain range is under protection in the Magura National Park. A long trip from Wapienne to the highest peaks of the range leads past the Kornuty reserve. There are interesting rock monadnocks, boulders and caves that are a rarity in the Beskids. At a distance of 8 kilometers from Wapienne is the village of Sękowa, famous for its wooden church of St. Philip and James from 1520, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List. In other, nearby villages, among the gentle landscapes of Beskid Niski, more wooden structures are hidden. In Wapienny itself, there is a church moved from another town, dating from 1785. The next ones can be found in Męcina Wielka (1807) and Ropica Górna near Sękowa (early 19th century), and two Orthodox churches (Greek Catholic and Orthodox) that have been preserved in Bodaki. At the foot of Magura Wątkowska there is also Bartne (18 kilometers from Wapienne), inhabited mainly by Lemkos. There are numerous old farmsteads, roadside crosses and chapels, as well as an Orthodox church from 1842 housing the Museum of Orthodox Art.