Facebook link
You are here:

Kościół Wniebowzięcia Najświętszej Maryi Panny Biórków Wielki

The Parish Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Biórkow Wielki

Drewniany kościół z boku.

Biórków Wielki 48, 32-104 Koniusza

tel. +48 123869239
The Church dates from 1633 and was consecrated in 1664. The parish is recorded since the C14th, with two previous churches having burnt down.
The church was built using log construction with vertically boarded and moulded walls. The nave and chancel are covered by independent shingled roofs. Towards the end of the C18th a baroque spire and bell turret were added. The décor and fittings of the church are from the end of the C18th. The 1779 main altar contains a painting showing the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. The pulpit and font date from the end of the C18th. The name of the village is of patronymic origin – it is derived from Birk or Birko. In the 40s of the 15th century, the owner of the village was Jan Birkowski, Topór coat of arms. The first mention of the village is dated back to 1374, it appeared in the Census.

Related Assets