One of the historic churches in the heart of Kraków – a double sanctuary.
The magnificent 13th-century Gothic Dominican Basilica of the Holy Trinity is well known as the cult centre of the patron and founder of the Polish Province of the Dominican Order and their first monastery in Poland – St. Hyacinth Odrowąż. His remains are interred in the chapel above the church sacristy (accessible by the stairs on the left side of the nave), on the site where the saint’s monastery cell was once located. A chapel with the miracle-making painting of Our Lady of the Rosary is adjacent to the right side nave of the church. The painting was created in Rome and is a copy of the famous painting of Our Lady from the Church of Saint Mary Major in Rome. The Krakow painting was enhanced with the papal crowns in 1921.The festival of Our Lady of the Rosary is celebrated on October 8, while the feast day of St. Hyacinth falls on August 17.