Wojciech Kułach-Wawrzyńcok Trail
He created sculptures in wood and stone. His greatest work is the three altars in the Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa on Kościeliska Street in Zakopane. Because of his versatility, he even gained the nickname Leonardo of Gliczarów. He created works that were inspired by the Baroque. They presented the truth about God and humanity in moments of sorrow and joy. He died in 1897.
His works can be admired in many towns in the Podhale region, including Gliczarów Dolny and Górny, Biały Dunajec, Bukowina Tatrzańska, Białka Tatrzańska, Groń, Jurgów, Szaflary and Ludźmierz.
In 2004, the Wojciech Kułach-Wawrzyńcok Primary School in Gliczarów Dolny created a trail named after its patron. The trail encompasses twelve objects:
- Gliczarów Dolny – Shrine of Christ, Saint John of Nepomuk, Saint Florian
- Biały Dunajec – Shrine of Christ, Saint Stanislaus, Shrine on Jana Pawła II Street
- Gliczary Górne – Saint John of Nepomuk
- Groń – The Holy Virgin
- Białka Tatrzańska – The Holy Virgin
- Ludźmierz – The Holy Virgin and Saint John from the scene of the “Crucifixion"
- Szaflary – The Holy Virgin
- Bukowina Tatrzańska – Sculptures of the Holy Virgin and the Heart of Jesus
- Jurgów – Figure of Saint Joseph
- Zakopane – Altar in the Old Church of Our Lady of Częstochowa