Kościół NMP Szkaplerznej Szynwałd
Church Virgin Mary of the Scapular of Szynwałd
The church was built in the neo-Gothic style according to a design by Adolf Juliusz Stapf in the years 1911-1918.
It is made of brick, with architectural details built of hydraulic lime and stone. It is covered with a copper sheet. The church is a basilica-type building with a nave and two aisles, with a presbytery enclosed on three sides, a transept, two side chapels and a soaring tower built on a square and covered with a pyramid cupola with a lantern. It is gripped with fault buttresses on the outside. There is a cross-ribbed vault in the nave and the presbitery and a cross vault in the aisles. At the intersection of the nave and the transept, there is a steeple. The furnishings of the church consist of neo-Gothic altars: the main altar with the figure of Our Lady of Scapular and two side altars with the figure of Saint Joseph and a painting of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. In the windows, you can see historic stained glass designed in the Nouveau Art style by Stefan Matejko. The church contains a 24-pipe organ made in the years 1943-1947. The clock on the tower dates back to 1931. The polychrome in the church was made at the beginning of the 21st century. In the years 2017-2019, the church was renovated on the outside and its surroundings were refurbished.