Facebook link

St. Martin’s church in Poręba Dzierżna - Obiekt - VisitMalopolska

Back

Kościół św. Marcina Poręba Dzierżna

St. Martin’s church in Poręba Dzierżna

Wnętrze drewnianego kościoła.
Poręba Dzierżna 1, 32-340 Wolbrom
tel. +48 326461899
The church was originally built in 1766. In 1870, the church was repaired and extended: a brick aisle was added on the western side.
The church features log framework structure, a single nave, a presbytery, narrower than the nave and closed on three sides. The double-ridge church roof is topped with a sheet-metal turret with a lantern. The main altarpiece, adorned with columns and pilasters, features a painted image of St. Mary Major, covered with a dress. The shutter painting shows St. Martin and above are sculptures of St. Michael and two angels with symbols of faith and love. Another interesting item is a baptismal font of 1587. The wooden bell tower comes from the 18th century.