Kościół św. Jana Chrzciciela Orawka
The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist in Orawka
The Parish Church of St. John the Baptist in Orawka was erected in 1650-59 on the initiative of the first local rector, Father Jan Szczechowicz.
It is a log-construction, shingled building. A brick chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows was added to the chancel in 1728. The church is distinguished by rich polychrome decoration from the second half of the C17th and 1771, which covers the walls and some of the furnishings. It consists of a series of cycles, the most beautiful of which is a cycle of 12 paintings depicting scenes from the life of St. John the Baptist, as well as scenes from the Ten Commandments. Particularly noteworthy is the late-baroque main altar with a Pieta and statues of St. Adalbert and St. Stanisław.