Budynek Starostwa Powiatowego Bochnia
Building of the County Starost Office, Bochnia
Kazimierza Wielkiego 31, 32-700 Bochnia Tourist subregion: Tarnowski
The former building of the County Council was built in 1893 according to the design by architect Władysław Ekielski, on the initiative of the President of the Council Zdzisław Włodek. T
his fact is commemorated by a marble plaque in the lobby. In the years 1906-1907, a western wing was added according to the design by architect Józef Pokutyński. In the 1960s and 1970s, a storey was partly overbuilt on the main building, and the whole premises were enlarged with a northern wing. Until 1975, the building fulfilled administrative functions of the Bochnia County. Until 1990, it was the seat of the District Office. Today, the County Starost Office is located here.