Cerkiew świętego Jakuba Młodszego Powroźnik
Orthodox Church of St. James, Powroźnik
The church was rebuilt by altering its original body; after the flood in 1813-1814, it was moved away from the river to its current location. The temple consists of the chancel, to which the sacristy adheres, the nave and the narthex covered with a tall tower. The chancel is covered with a three-slope roof, and the nave is covered with a tiered hipped roof crowned with a spherical cupola with an apparent lantern. The roof of the tower also has a cupola with an apparent lantern. The walls and roofs of the church are covered with shingles. The historical 18th-century furnishings have survived within the temple. The beautiful iconostasis is divided: the upper part has been left in its original place between the nave and the chancel, and the upper icons have been transferred towards the walls of the chancel. A valuable element of the church furnishings is also an 18th-century Baroque side altar with a picture of Christ at the Column and many valuable icons. A valuable figural polychrome dating back to 1607 has survived in the sacristy (the former chancel). Today the temple serves as a Roman Catholic church. In 2013, the temple was inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.