Sanktuarium Matki Bożej Okulickiej Okulice
Sanctuary of Our Lady of Okulice
The Marian cult in Okulice started probably in the 13th century, when the Mother of God was to appear during the battle of Bogucice in 1285.
The current church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary was built in place of four former churches. In the temple, there is the benevolent painting of Mother of God with the Infant, painted on the joined lime wood boards. It is a copy of the original painting from Jasna Góra. The painting was crowned with the Papal crowns in 1962. Church fairs: Whitsun, the feast of the Nativity of the Mother of God and St. Joseph along with the octaves of these feasts. At the Sanctuary in the parish building there is the Marian Hall, which presents statues and paintings of the Mother of God from all over the world.