Kościół św. Sebastiana Wieliczka
St. Sebastian’s Church in Wieliczka
St. Sebastian’s Church was built in 1581 using larch wood, and then rebuilt in the C18th.
There is a baroque turret with a lantern above the chancel, and adjoining the nave to the west is a low spire capped with a spherical cupola. The interior is covered by false vaulting and has remarkable polychrome decoration carried out in 1903-1910 by Włodzimierz Tetmajer. The church fittings consist of a rococo main altar with an C18th painting of St. Sebastian and two side altars: one early-baroque, containing a painting of the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the other baroque with a C17th crucifix. Near Wieliczka, in Jawczyce, there are 18 burial mounds raised probably in the 9th or 10th century.