The oldest necropolis in the city founded in 1801-1802.
In 1920, the military cemetery (Prandoty) with the graves of Polish, Soviet, British and German soldiers was attached to it. It covers an area of more than 42 ha. It is the place of rest of Krakow citizens and honoured persons, inter alia, J. Dietl, L. Rydel, H. Jordan, K. Olszewski, J. Matejko, H. Modrzejewska, Estreicher family, T. Kantor or M. Grechuta. The object on the route „In the Footsteps of John Paul II in Krakow” due to the fact that the parents and brother of the Pope were buried there.