The Auxillary Church of St. John the Baptist and Our Lady of the Scapular in Kraków-Krzesławice
The church was built from 1633-48 in Jawornik, near Myślenice.
It uses log construction and originally had a bell house tower. It was transformed in the C18th, and in 1913-16 it was elongated by adding a brick section to the nave and tower. The church was moved to its present location and rebuilt in 1984-97, with the rafter framing and sacristy being completely renovated. A new spire was added to the church and the polychrome decoration from the first half of the C17th underwent conservation along with the altars and pulpit. The composition of The Last Judgment and the figure of St. Christopher are particularly noteworthy. Worth seeing in the area! The first mentions of the village come from the 12th century. The name of Krzesławice is derived from the name of Krzesław and his descendants. The annalistic records from 1232 note the original name of Krzesławice as “Creslauiz”. From the 13th to the 17th century, almost without any interruption Krzesławice belonged to the monastery of the Holy Sepulchre in Miechów. Until 1951, Krzesławice was a separate village, then it was incorporated into Nowa Huta at the time of the construction of a metallurgical plant.